Motorcycle accidents are unfortunately common. Below is a brief look at some shocking and interesting motorcycle statistics over the years.
- The 4,502 motorcyclists killed in motorcycle crashes made up 14% of all road traffic deaths.
- 42% of two-vehicle fatal motorcycle crashes involved a vehicle turning left while the motorcycle was going straight, passing, or overtaking the vehicle.
- A little less than half of all motorcycle deaths involved no other vehicle.
- A total of 655,000 motorcycles were purchased.
- Speeding caused 35% of all fatal motorcycle accidents.
- In 2007, 7.1 million motorcycles were registered in the U.S.
- Close to 4% of all victims involved in fatal motorcycle accidents had at least one prior alcohol-related conviction.
- 88,000 motorcyclists were injured in highway accidents alone.
- The motorcycle death rate was 73 per 100,000 registered motorcycles.
- 1 in 3 accidents was a result of riding the motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol.
If you’ve recently been involved in a motorcycle accident, call the offices of Frank Miranda today. He’s an experienced attorney who can successfully fight for the compensation you are entitled to.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention