What Is A Mass Tort Lawsuit?
A mass tort lawsuit involves a large group of plaintiffs who have all suffered a personal injury stemming from the same cause, often a defective product or dangerous situation. These lawsuits can span across the country and involve multiple attorneys nationwide. The defendants can include manufacturers, drug companies, large corporations or even government entities like the military.
Frank Charles Miranda Trial Attorneys, based in Tampa, Florida, has successfully represented plaintiffs in a variety of mass tort cases. We have a strong track record of securing justice for clients and their families. A skilled mass tort lawyer coordinates cases with other lawyers to manage the large amounts of evidence and the wide scope of damages.
Fighting For Justice
These complex cases often develop over time as evidence mounts, tying injury victims together. Examples of situations in which Frank Chares Miranda, P.A., has in the past or is currently fighting for justice include the following:
- Camp Lejeune – People who were stationed at or worked at Camp Lejeune Marine Corps base from 1953 to 1987 have developed a wide range of serious medical conditions due to contaminated water.
- PFAS and PFOA – Harmful chemical per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances that have been found in a variety of products are being monitored by the EPA .
- 3M earplugs – Earplugs developed by 3M failed to protect the hearing of military personnel.
- BP oil spill – The BP oil spill caused Tampa Bay area businesses to suffer serious financial losses.
- Hernia mesh – Certain types of mesh used by doctors to repair hernias caused serious side effects in thousands of patients.
- J&J baby powder – Johnson & Johnson baby powder contained talc, which caused severe illness due to its contamination with asbestos.
New mass tort cases are developing on a regular basis. We stay at the forefront of personal injury cases that affect the public at large and the citizens of Florida, in particular. Let us know if you have questions about an injury you or a loved one has suffered.
Forming A Class Action Lawsuit
In many mass tort situations, the courts will approve the formation of a class. This means certain plaintiffs represent the entire group of people who were injured. The outcome of that case can affect the entire class. You may have certain options based on that outcome, which we will guide you through.
At Frank Chares Miranda, P.A., we are dedicated to holding major companies and other organizations accountable for the damage their negligence causes to ordinary people. If you are one of those people, contact us for more information.