Recovering Compensation After A Truck Accident
A semitruck crash can be a catastrophic event for occupants of other vehicles or anyone else outside the truck. Some reasons are fundamental: A big rig is much heavier than private passenger vehicles, and momentum makes it difficult for a truck driver to stop quickly. Other factors may include the following:
- Distracted, fatigued or impaired driving by a trucker or any other motorist(s) involved in a crash
- Blinding sun glare, other visibility problems, inclement weather or other environmental factors
- Defective wheels, transmission or other truck components, such as trailer hitches
- Skipped inspections or maintenance, resulting in undiscovered hazards such as nonfunctional brake lights
- Imbalanced, unsecured or overweight cargo
At Frank Chares Miranda, P.A., our personal injury attorneys work diligently to determine how a truck accident happened. At the same time, we review medical records and consult with experts who help us develop compelling cases on our clients’ behalf.
Truck Accident Varieties And Results
Tampa and its surrounding areas see plenty of big rig crashes, thanks to heavy traffic and a complex roadway system, including interstates 75, 275 and 4. Were you or was your loved one injured on a highway, city street or any surface in one of these ways?
- A truck rear-ended your vehicle
- An 18-wheeler collided with your car head-on
- A heavy utility truck sideswiped your vehicle
- The driver of a semi jackknifed or made a wide turn, triggering a T-bone crash
Perhaps you are a truck driver who was hurt when another vehicle’s maneuvers caused your semi to tip over or fall off a highway ramp. Whatever the details of your accident, you may now face a long recovery with serious or catastrophic injuries such as those described below:
- A brain or spinal cord injury
- Broken bones, an amputation or crush injuries
- Serious back, neck or shoulder injuries
- Burn injuries caused by a fuel tank explosion
At Frank Chares Miranda, P.A., we have helped many people injured in serious accidents find their ways forward through our meticulous, compassionate and persistent advocacy. We are ready to start an investigation with the goal of helping you recover the compensation you need to cover medical expenses, lost wage replacement, and pain and suffering.
Initial Consultations Are Free
Our experienced, local truck accident lawyers offer no-obligation case reviews in person and in video conferences.
To reach our Tampa law office after a truck accident, call 813-902-3925 or send an email inquiry.