Your REALTOR will help you find the right house or the right buyer, while also negotiating the right price and closing date that are right for your family. Your Tampa real estate attorney can review any offer you make or receive, and make sure that your rights are protected and your duties defined in a concise manner.
If you are ready to make or accept an offer on Tampa real estate, and you have not yet retained the services of a Tampa real estate attorney, you should make the offer contingent on a Tampa real estate attorney’s review and approval before you sign.
There are non-legal services that claim they can do all of the legal work required on your Tampa real estate sale or purchase, but you need to remember that these individuals do not belong to a regulated profession. This means you do not necessarily have the same recourse dealing with other advisors, and you want to stay very far from any form of do-it-yourself paperwork.
The role of a Tampa real estate attorney can be as broad as you want. While it is not typical in a Tampa real estate transaction, you can ask that your lawyer describe his or her work and fees before you proceed.
If you are buying a home, your Tampa real estate attorney should:
- Help you understand the purchase contract, including how you will take title on the home.
- Check that there are no covenants, easements or liens registered against the Tampa real estate.
- Prepare and register all of the legal documents.
- Clarify the terms of the mortgage and work with your bank.
- Review the adjustments, including taxes owing and utilities paid, prior to the transaction closing.
- Attend the closing and review all of the papers you will be required to sign.
- Arrange the insurance protection to protect you from losses due to title defects.
- Ensure you receive a valid registered ownership subject only to the liabilities you have accepted.
The office of Frank Charles Miranda, P.A. is prepared to represent you in matters associated to either the sale or purchase of Tampa real estate. You can schedule an appointment with Frank Charles Miranda, P.A. to discuss any Tampa real estate questions or concerns by calling 813.254.2637.